Instead of making the usual New Year Resolutions that I can't (and won't) keep, I'm going to make monthly goals. I love goals and I love lists so this is the ideal way for me to keep myself in check for the new year.
1. Lose 6 pounds. The scale told me this morning that I've gained some weight since Christmas but I'm still under the 200 mark. I'd like to lose 6 to get to my ultimate goal weight.
2. Workout in the gym 5 days a week. In order to help myself feel like I'm not a failure the other two days, I'm going to designate Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday as gym days. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be rest days since those are the days I get home from work at about 6:00.
3. READ. I have so many books lying around that I have finished half way and just never got around to picking back up again. Those rest days from the gym will be good days to spend an hour reading.
4. Limit going out to eat during the day. I drive a lot for work and some days, I'm out of the office from 10:30-2:00. My appetite doesn't allow me to wait until 2:00 to eat lunch but I can't keep buying food on the road, especially when that happens twice a week. I need to find snacks and a meal that doesn't need to be kept in the fridge to bring with me in the car.
5. Do something charitable. I'd like to do something charitable each month. This month, I'm going to help clean up the wreaths that I helped lay in December. I'll spend some time over the weekend finding other opportunities in my community to lend a hand.
At the end of the month, I'll report my progress! What are your goals for January? Do you make resolutions/goals? Do you keep them?