We get into NYC via Amtrak on a Wednesday morning at 11:00. Our show is at 2:00. Don't stress me out by saying that is a close call. Don't need to hear that!! LALALALALALAL Not listening!!! Our flight leaves on a Friday at 6:00 p.m. So we basically have 48-52 hours to see everything in New York. Again, LALALALLALALALA don't tell me it is impossible. HELP!
Here is my list. Note that I have been to NYC once before when I was 12 but the husband is a New York virgin. These are the things that we want to see:
- 30 Rock: Our hotel is nearby so I'm sure we will get to this. I MAY wake up, walk down and stand outside of the Today Show hoping to get on TV. Who am I kidding...I'm totally doing this. Some people tell me that going to the Top of the Rock is way better than going to the top of the Empire State Building. TRUE or FALSE?
- Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island: I hear this could take all day. We don't have all day. Three sources have told me to take a boat tour on the water that brings you past these things and gives a spectacular view of the water. TRUE or FALSE?On one hand, I don't want my husband to miss out seeing these things but on the other hand, 48-52 hours to see everything.
- Ground Zero: I won't be taking pictures in front of this like I've read about some people doing but I do want to go there. Is that weird?
- Seeing the different districts: Soho, Chelsea, West Village, Upper East Side (Gossip Girl in the house), etc. Can you recommend things to see her? Restaurants? Shops? Where is Magnolia Bakery? Me want a cupcake. Anything to skip or add to this list?
- Central Park: When I came here as a 12 year old, my parents failed to see the importance of taking us to Central Park. I know, right? I know I want to go to Strawberry Fields (forever) because I'm a Beatles Fan. What else is worth seeing in the park?
- Museums: We'll be coming from DC where we will be seeing lots of history and crap like that. Would it be worth it to squeeze in some museums? I do want to see The Met but what about the Guggenheim?
Have a great weekend!!!!