Share a creative project you undertook this year (art, writing, DIY, cooking, home decoration, crafts, photography … whatever comes to mind). How do you use your creativity to express yourself?
We finally decided to decorate an upstairs room in our house and started with the guest room. I was inspired by Young House Love's bold guest room and wanted to go with an Italy/Venice theme since I had some art work that matched. I'm not a super creative person and my husband was responsible for picking out pictures and wall colors to decorate our house but I LOVED turning this room into something I am really proud of. I have also loved using my camera more this year and finding moments to take pictures even if that means just standing in my backyard and capturing the sun setting or forcing my cat to pose for me. It never hurts to have a new tool in your tool box.
What 12 new things do you want to do/accomplish in 2012?
This might be hilarious considering my sick brain. I'll give it a shot:
1. Be nicer/kinder/more thoughtful.
2. Make better decisions about what I eat. Limit the junk food I ingest.
3. Make weight training a priority.
4. Give to charity more, whether through time or money.
5. Make some serious decisions about the path of our lives and stick to them.
6. Expand my horizons, career-wise.
7. Create a regular cleaning schedule so our house isn't messy all the time.
8. Travel somewhere new that is within driving distance. Northern California has so many treasures that I have yet to visit.
9. Rework my wardrobe. I really don't like most of my clothes. I'd love to find some time (and money) to get more grown up clothes into my closet.
10. Create distance between myself and social networking. I've thought about deleting certain apps from my phone several times but the addiction...it is strong in this one.
11. Swim. I want to start swimming again. I love swimming.
12. Host a party. We have friends over for UFC parties but I'd like to have a game night or something every few months that gives friends a chance to laugh and have a good time together. We have great friends that we don't see enough!
What was your healthiest habit of 2011? What would you like to change or do differently in 2012?
I gave up Junk Food for 21 days in November. I really didn't think I would be able to do it but I did. I had cravings but I pushed them down and I learned that I don't really NEED these foods to survive. I've thought about adapting this each month next year in some way. Maybe the first 21 days of each month are junk food free? For me, this is necessary. I need a challenge. I don't like failing or letting myself down. I carry guilt with me so if I cheat, I feel bad. I don't want to just go cold turkey and not eat junk at all because that isn't possible but if I can resist for a few weeks a month, I can continue to prove to myself, month after month, that I can live without junk.
I'm going to stop there and completed #13 and #14 when my head is a bit more clear!