I've never been to a midnight premiere. My sister-in-law has been to many. She is young and able to stay awake for
My original plan was to get home from work today at 5:00, sleep until 10:00, mosey on down to the movie theater and feel good about it. Then my sister-in-law told me that the ideal time to get there is between 8:30-9:00. WHAT? That cuts into my sleep time in a big huge way. She told me that I could always catch a few zzzzzz's in the movie theater like she did once. Yes, I would love to fall asleep on the floor of the lobby and drool all over myself as I move through REM cycles.
1. Sleep from 5:00-7:30
2. Take a hot shower
3. Dress like a girl from District 12. I'm seriously considering wearing sweats, a sweatshirt, ponytail, my glasses and no makeup. That way, when I get home I can get directly into bed. I might brush my teeth in the car on the way home. AND I can be a super nerd and say that I'm in costume. TAKE THAT, TWEEN DORKS!
4. Drink my favorite tea on the way to the movie theater. Caffeinated tea.
5. Get a fully caffeinated drink at Starbucks once I get there.
6. Probably go pee a lot before the movie starts.
7. Do some jumping jacks or high knees in order to keep my heart beat up. I'll be wearing sweatpants so this will be easy.
8. Curse myself loudly for doing this in the first place when I look at my watch and realize it is only 9:03 p.m. and WTF I have 6 hours before I get to go to sleep.
9. In my sleep deprived stupor, start screaming at annoying teens who refuse to shut up while waiting in line/sitting in the theater.
10. WHAT? There is a Twilight preview before the movie starts. I knew this was a bad idea. Bathroom break!
11. Hopefully stay awake for the entire movie. If you see someone doing jumping jacks and high knees before The Reaping scene is over, you'll know who it is.