People are posting all sorts of "YAY IT IS 12/12/12" on Twitter. I get that it is a rare day but am I missing something super exciting about it? There I go, sounding like a Debbie Downer. Let me try again.
OMG It is 12/12/12. What an awesome magical day! Here are 12 things on my mind today....
1. My dad is released from his rehabilitation center tomorrow. The worries and fears and anxiety about his arrival back at home are weighing heavy on my mind but I know he has a strong support unit around him and if we remain positive, we know he will adjust to this new normal. Please pray for us!
2. I had a great coffee lunch break with my friend (and co-worker) yesterday. We were in the same area at the same time and spent an hour chatting over Starbucks. I am so lucky to have a friend like her. We are totally meant to be.
3. Speaking of that friend, her annual Cookie Party is on Sunday. Because of all the turmoil in my life, I haven't had time to come up with a super unique and awesome cookie to make. She gives away awards and my super competitive self can't handle not winning. Last year, someone made the same cookie as me. Embarrassing! It was like showing up to the Oscars and wearing the same dress as someone else. The cookie I am making is simple but most importantly, one batch makes about 30 cookies and since I need 60 cookies, it will be an easy baking experience. I have 2.5 hours to make them on Saturday so easy is required!
4. A student of mine (10th grader) asked me yesterday if I thought Nicki Minaj's butt is real. Teenagers are so random.
5. I babysat my nieces for 45 minutes last night while my sister and her husband were out on work business. When I got to the house, 3.5 year old Amy was in bed, singing "Apple donuts, apple donuts." She is my kind of girl.
6. Does anyone know when Silver Linings Playbook opens in wide release? I can't find it playing anywhere near me and it is making me angry.
7. In two weeks, Christmas will be over. This month is moving way too fast! Time to start shopping and wrapping!
8. I'm wearing a black blazer with my jeans and black boots today. I feel like Julia Roberts in the last scene of Pretty Woman when she is wearing a black blazer with jeans.
9. Mark my words: next year, we WILL have Christmas lights hanging from the eves of our house. This year, we are settling for lights in the windows and our large rosemary bush covered in net lights. Festive, yes. Griswold, no.
10. I have an eye doctor appointment on Monday and I think I might be eligible to get a new set of frames. This makes me too excited!
11. I love getting Christmas cards and seeing pictures of friends and family. I need to look at Pinterest for some fun ideas on how to display the Christmas cards after the holidays are over.
12. I have 5 more days of work until I have 13 days off. Now THAT is a Christmas miracle!
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!