Long story short: My mom called and told me that she found a low rate for the hotel I am staying at in Vegas next month. I got the website up in Chrome and found that I could not find the price she was looking at. We went step by step through the process and still, no dice. The cheapest price I had on my screen was $268.
I opened Internet Explorer, went to the website, typed in all the same info and boom....$214 comes up. Same nights. Same website. Same discounted offer. Different browser.
The price when using Chrome
The price when using Internet Explorer
Any explanation? I guess the lesson is to use multiple browsers to search for hotel rates!
I need to find some cute heels to wear to my friend's wedding in Las Vegas next month. I have a dress that I really like but I have no idea what type of shoes to wear. I have my gold heels but I'm kind of over those and whenever I wear them, I'm worried they might break like they did on my 30th birthday.
The dress is no longer online and I'm too lazy to take a picture. Ok, nevermind. I walked 25 feet and took one. And to show you what an idiot I am, I took 5 pictures of the dress before I realized I was taking pictures of the back of the dress. Geez.
My husband said it looks a little "bridesmaid" but I don't care. It looks cute on, it is comfortable and a good length. It is fun without being slutty and although it is Vegas, I'm too old to look slutty.
Back to the point: If my dress was more on the tame side, I thought I would wear some fun shoes. So I found these:
The price was pretty good and if I don't like them, I can send them back at no cost to me. But I think they are fun and sparkly and Vegas. And sparkles and that teal colored dress seem like they would go nicely together.
While I was at it, I came across these boots. I have a couple pairs of skinny jeans (I hate that term) and the main boots I wear with them are mid-calf boots and well, I think they look dumb. I'm jealous of people who wear tall boots and look pulled together and fashionable. I may never look pulled together and fashionable but I thought these boots were kinda cute.
FYI: They are cheaper on Amazon but I wanted to be able to send them back free if I didn't like them so I got them on Endless. Just $9 more.
Here is my question. I see some bloggers wearing dark brown boots with black. Can I do that? Or does it only apply to cognac colored boots, as seen here. Is it a major "Don't" in the fashion world or should I realize that right now, I'm wearing sweats and a SF Giants sweatshirt and say to hell with the rules.
I will not do the following things on any social media site (unless you are my sister):
1. I will not vote for your child to win a cutest baby contest. I most likely don't think your kid is the cutest baby therefore my vote would be a fraud and I would lose sleep over not voting for the right candidate.
2. I will not for your pet to win the cutest pet contest. I most likely don't think your pet is the cutest pet therefore my vote would be a fraud and I would lose sleep over not voting for the right candidate.
3. I will not vote for you to win best pyramid marketing scheme consultant. I think your product sucks and you shouldn't mass facebook/email your entire world in order to get their vote so you can win an extra $50. Have a garage sale if you need the money.
4. I will not "like" your status in order to enter to win a free something or other.
5. I will be part of the 93% of people that won't re-post your nonsense because it is, indeed, nonsense.
6. Breast cancer is sad but posting REDONK status messages about something so vague and not connected to breast cancer under the disguise of "I support Breast Cancer" is pathetic. Don't do it. I will unfriend you with the quickness.
7. Don't lie to kick it when there is something called GOOGLE IMAGES out there. You were found out, reported and you look like a fool to those of us who know. I wish I could scream it from the mountaintops but it is more fun to just shake my head from afar.
I wanted to share the music I listen to while I'm working out, specifically as I'm trying to get through 45-60 minutes of sprint intervals on the treadmill. The awesome thing about exercising is noticing an improvement. Yesterday, I noticed that starting to run at 4.5 was no longer necessary because I felt like I wasn't going anywhere so I increased my speed to 5.4 and went up from there to 6.0 during my last 2 minute sprint interval. This music for sure helped me get there!
The diversity in my music is kind of astounding and I even left one track off because of the offensive title (Thanks a lot, Eminem).
All of this to help me look like this once again....
1. It took me about 2 hours to read Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns). Very cute, fun book. Easy to read and enjoyable. Kind of like Bossypants. I recommend.
2. In an effort to make some cash, I googled a way to sell my old iPhone. I came across a lot of places, including Apple and Game Stop. I'm too lazy to go to Game Stop (and I'm scared of video game stores) and Apple didn't quote as high as other places. One company responded to my tweet but they don't have a website and that seems shady. This site had a good quote but never sent the follow up email and hasn't responded to my two additional emails so screw you. I finally settled on this site, Cash for iPhones because they responded immediately, they send me the packing materials and pay for shipping. I just have to drop it off at the UPS store and they send me a check. I don't think my husband's old iPhone works at all or I would try to sell his too. I'll do a follow up review when I get my check in the mail.
3. I'm going to Las Vegas in 7 weeks for my friend's wedding and I'm so excited. I've been searching online for a dress to wear and found one at Nordstrom yesterday. And I just went to look for it and I can't seem to find it on the website and the email receipt doesn't link to the site either. WEIRD. Anyways, I hope it is cute and doesn't look like I'm trying to be a bridesmaid. I'm having second thoughts already. Hooray for returning stuff!
4. I failed at going to the gym this morning before work and now I'm looking at having to go at 6:30 when I get home from work or not going at all today which makes me itchy. I need to burn off some steam so I think if I just go for 30 minutes and bust my butt, I'll feel better. Tomorrow morning, I will go....and tonight I will go to bed early so I can get my 8 hours and be happy.
5. Still no fast food. Still no soda. Still no Starbucks. Go me.
6. I wish I had really long hair so I could curl it. My hair looks fine straight but when I curl it, it shrinks an inch and just looks silly. I need to put some Miracle Grow on my head.
Six is my favorite number so I'll stop. Happy Tuesday everyone!
OH! WAIT. I'll call this 6a.
6a. Mad Men is back March 25th. WOOOHOOO. What a fab weekend that will be. The Hunger Games movie is out on the 23rd. Happy dance. Happy dance. Double happy dance.
The past week, I have been weighing and tracking all of my meals using the Lose It app. This app helped me lose 23 pounds in 2010 and of course, I now have more weight to lose because I suck at saying NO!
The newest (to me) feature on this app is the "scan barcode" button. I can scan the barcode and it automatically adds the nutrient information to my list. Love it. It makes recording my food so much easier and the list of foods is already so extensive that it is simple to scroll through and find thousands of items.
So far, I'm doing awesome. I'm keeping within my calorie limits, working hard at the gym and I haven't had any soda, fast food or Starbucks .
I weigh in Tuesday morning and I'm hoping to see a 2 pound loss. I'd like to lose 2.5 lbs per week but I'd be happy with a 2 lb per week loss.
I'm including a screenshot from my weekly summary. :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Enjoy the last of your Sunday (or the start of your Monday!)
I'm not much of a midnight movie goer but I might have to attend the midnight screening of The Hunger Games in March. I am so excited for this movie! Entertainment Weekly showed off a new photo today of Cinna, Haymitch and Peeta.
If I had things my way, he would still be here. I would roll my eyes at the conversations he and my husband would have. I would make fun of their traditional "goodbye" saying when they got off the phone. I would see him at least once a month for UFC fight nights.
I would still be thanking him for introducing me to his best friend, my husband. He would be praying for us as we go through infertility.
He would be raising his kids and watching them grow and he would be so proud of the people they are becoming. He would continue to love his beautiful wife.
But God had other plans for J.B. on January 3, 2010. He whisked him off to heaven and from there, he looks after us. I can still feel his presence in our lives. But it isn't the same and it wasn't what was in my plans but I guess, our plans aren't what come first.
Happy New Year! 2012. We celebrated at home, eating pizza rolls, drinking Vanilla Vodka and soda, and being complete dorks. Just how I like it to be.
I was thinking this morning what I want to be in 2012. I want to be someone that says "no" to myself. It is cliche to say that I want to lose weight but I do. I want to lose weight and in order to do that I need to stop and say NO. No fast food. No cookies. No crap.
I'm going to live by the phrase "Everything in Moderation." A dessert is a dessert and no, I don't deserve two in one day.
In 8 weeks, I'm going to Las Vegas for my friend's wedding. I want to be able to wear something cute and not stuff myself into my current fatty clothes. I can make some serious headway in 8 weeks.
So right now, I'm going to march downstairs and trash the junk that is in our house. If it isn't here, I won't eat it.
Again, I realize how completely lame this sounds, especially when I'm sure every year I've made this proclamation to myself but as I'm getting older, I understand that it isn't as easy as it once was and I've got to take advantage of this now. I have to make a change and I have to do it now.